Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pulling the trigger...

As I may have mentioned in the past, I have decided on getting the Yamaha WR250R for my riding adventures. I have been patiently waiting for the right time to head on down to the local Yamaha dealer to purchase said bike and I think I've done pretty well at fighting the Burris inclination and not just rushing out and spending the $6k immediately. I had visitied Tacoma Motorsports just before the end of last year and the kid working there told me that the WR should be on the showroom floor by the end of January.

Fast forward to today...

So this morning I get up and shortly after my wife left for her 4-day trip I was faced with the question: "what am I going to do today?". My answer came out of nowhere but I heard myself blurt out "I'm going to get my motorcycle today". It was almost like someone else had said it but I thought it seemed like good advice just the same. So I called my dad to shoot the breeze and among other things I mentioned my decision to get the bike today. After a little discussion we determined that dad should drive down and bring his motorcycle trailer to help haul the WR home.

The wheels had been set in motion and nothing could stop me from getting my bike today... unless of course the bike hadn't been put in the showroom floors of america's Yamaha dealers yet. Doh! Yep, I walked through the doors of the bike shop and immediately had a feeling that something was missing. I did a quick scan of the showroom floor and noticed there wasn't a WR250R anywhere in sight. I asked the salesman dude about it and after a few minutes of phone calls and keyboard clicking, he told me that the factory hasn't actually released them to the dealers to be sold yet. I'm not exactly sure why it's not "released" yet but bottom line is, no bike. I called dad to make sure he didn't drive all the way out here for nothing and I headed home.

You might say I "pulled the trigger"

...but it was a dud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yo, Bro....sorry that you weren't able to get your new toy. Let me know when you get it, and also let me know when you're ready for an XBOX night. Later!